Why your support matters
Slifka Center is a registered 501(c)3 organization that is affiliated with, but separate from Yale University. We do not receive any direct funding from Yale, nor do we receive any government funding. Two-thirds of our annual operating budget is supported by philanthropic dollars through a combination of direct annual giving and endowment funds.
Gifts to Slifka Center are fully tax deductible. Matching gifts are welcome! Our Tax ID (EIN) is 06-1257354.
What you can support
Slifka Center currently offers three ways to support our operation:
- Make a gift today to support Slifka Center’s ongoing operations.. Your gift will make it possible for us to:
- Offer Shabbat and holiday dinners and celebrations
- Meet every Jewish student at Yale
- Create excellent programs (educational, Israel-focused, social justice, LGBTQ, etc.)
- Train outstanding student leaders
- Keep our community safe
- Ensure we can attract and retain the very best staff
- Maintain our 19,000 square foot facility, including the dining hall
- Support our Building Forward 25th Anniversary capital campaign (Yale credit is available through June 30, 2021). Your gift will help fund:
- Complete renovation of the kitchen and dining hall
- Increasing the capacity of the dining hall by 20% by enclosing the lower level exterior courtyard
- Increasing security infrastructure by building a security booth at the front and eliminating vulnerabilities on the terrace
- Modernizing the lobby with new furniture, flooring, and lighting as the access point to the dining level and the rest of the building.
- Creating a new Slifka Dining endowment to help defray the high costs of operating a kosher kitchen.
- Endow Slifka Center’s future by contributing to our endowment, dividends from which which provides a third of our operating budget each year. You can:
- Make a general contribution to the unrestricted endowment
- Help create the Slifka Dining endowment that will help defray the high cost of preparing and providing kosher food (Slifka Center is on the Yale meal plan, but receives reimbursements from Yale for each swipe that are below cost).
- Create your own fund in the endowment ($100,000 gift minimum).
Questions? Please contact Jennifer Rogin Wallis at email@example.com.