Why your support matters
Slifka Center is a registered 501(c)3 organization that is affiliated with, but separate from Yale University. We do not receive any direct funding from Yale, nor do we receive any government funding. Two-thirds of our annual operating budget is supported by philanthropic dollars through a combination of direct annual giving and endowment funds.
Gifts to Slifka Center are fully tax deductible. Matching gifts are welcome! Our Tax ID (EIN) is 06-1257354.
What You Can Support
- Make a gift today to support Slifka Center’s ongoing operations.. Your gift will make it possible for us to:
- Offer Shabbat and holiday dinners and celebrations
- Meet every Jewish student at Yale
- Create excellent programs (educational, Israel-focused, social justice, LGBTQ, etc.)
- Train outstanding student leaders
- Keep our community safe
- Ensure we can attract and retain the very best staff
- Maintain our 19,000 square foot facility, including the dining hall
- Support any of our Directed Giving Fund by including any of these in the “memo line” of your check or online gift.
- The Capital Campaign to help us complete renovations to our facility.
- The Shabbat & Holidays Fund to help us continue to provide festive Shabbat and holiday celebrations and meals.
- The Slifka Dining Fund to help us continue to provide the kosher Jewish food that serves as a key foundation to our community’s ability to gather, celebrate, and connect.
- The Professional Development fund to help us retain, attract, and continually train top-notch professional staff members.
- The Campus Climate fund, which supports our work fighting antisemitism at Yale, educating the administration and our students about antisemitism and how to increase “Jewish Belonging at Yale.”
- Endow Slifka Center’s future by contributing to our endowment, dividends from which which provides a third of our operating budget each year. You can:
- Make a general contribution to the unrestricted endowment
- Create your own fund in the endowment ($100,000 gift minimum).
- Questions? Please contact Melinda Papowitz at email@example.com.