Schedule an Event
Schedule an Event, Request Supplies or Publicity, Reserve Equipment, and Order Food
The Joseph Slifka Center for Jewish Life at Yale is available to the University community during the academic year. There may be costs associated with such events. During breaks and over the summer, space in the Slifka Center can be rented as available.
Our dedicated Operations staff is on hand to answer any questions you might have regarding room reservations, audio visual needs and event planning. You can review our complete calendar of events and room reservation systems at any time via this link. To reserve equipment, supplies or a room at Slifka Center, or to submit a request for event support, please use the form below to select an available date, time, and room. Once the detailed request is received, we will review it and get back to you to confirm or follow up. Please note: Slifka Center reserves the right to re-assign your room reservation with notice up to 10 days before your event depending on our internal program needs.
Important Guidelines for Scheduling an Event:
- If you are working with a Slifka Staff person on your event, please be sure to include their name in the “Setup Needs” box
- When placing a catering order through this system, once you check the availability, in “Step 2 – Event Information” under “Event Type,” please the drop down menu and choose “Rentals and Catering.” A separate email notification will be sent to the Food Service Director for all catering orders. Please estimate how many guests you will have and place that number(s) in the “Setup Needs” box.
- If you know that your attendance will change or if you have to cancel your event, please notify Tonja Withers as soon as possible. If a catering order had been placed, please contact the Food Service Director. The Kosher Kitchen staff must be notified to prevent wasting food.
- If you do not see your event publicly listed on the Slifka calendar or if your event is listed, but you would like it to be removed, please email Tonja Withers immediately.
- If you have a flyer of your event, send/email a copy to Tonja Withers so that is can be attached to your event for public viewing.
Need help scheduling an event? Please check out our “How to Schedule an Event” guide.