Due to COVID-19, Slifka Center’s dining hall is currently closed, and we are taking this opportunity to perform a much-needed renovation to the kitchen and dining spaces.
But don’t fret! We continue to provide kosher meals for students both on and off the Yale Meal Plan, living both on and off campus.
Please contact Lauren Steinberg (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get more information regarding kosher food during the 2020-21 academic year.
Below is our menu, available to students on and off the meal plan, for this week! Meals are usually 11-1 for lunch and 5-7 for dinner Shabbat Dinner at 7pm on Fridays, and changes for Jewish and School Holidays
The first Kosher Kitchen for Yale Graduate Students opened in the fall of 1959 in the Young Israel Synagogue, a twenty-five minute walk from campus, serving only week-night dinners. Today, the Lindenbaum Kosher Kitchen functions as a seamless part of the Yale University Dining System in the middle of campus. Serving lunch and dinner during the week, family-style Shabbat meals, and Sunday brunch and dinner inside the beautiful Sam and Ronnie Heyman Commons. Every other Sunday, Slifka offers a bagel brunch, often attended by more than 500 students who come to chow down on dozens and dozens of bagels and mounds of lox – just one example of the focus to serve excellent food that happens to be kosher.
The staff is committed to delivering a high-quality dining and social experience to all who come to eat, study, or just hang out. Let us know what you think – it’s the most valuable tool we have and we appreciate your comments.
Kosher Food Today
Slifka’s kosher service is operated by Unidine. Unidine’s approach to food and dining focuses on culinary integrity, health & wellness, and hospitality.
- Culinary integrity: Known as the Unidine Fresh Food Pledge, the company is committed to crafting food authentically, responsibly, and creatively.
- From scratch: In-house chefs and culinary team members freshly prepare your daily meals.
- Responsibly sourced: We utilize suppliers who value eco-friendly practices, animal welfare, and human rights.
- Environmentally conscious: We are committed to operating procedures that reduce waste and our impact on the planet.
- Seasonal and Local: Our menus reflect the seasons and highlight the best produce and products available in the area.
- Healthful Offerings.
- Hospitality: We actively foster an environment where our motto, “We are Exceptional People providing Exceptional Service to Exceptional Customers,” comes to life in a genuine and warm way. Team members receive comprehensive hospitality training that inspires authentic, timely, responsive, friendly, and satisfying connections. The result? Unique and memorable experiences that make a difference.
Our kitchen is currently closed due to COVID-19, and we are taking the opportunity to do a much-needed renovation to the kitchen and dining spaces. We are maintaining our relationship with the Star-K through the renovation process. We look forward to sharing more information both about the renovation progress and reopening plans as things go forward.