Database and Communications Coordinator
Joseph Slifka Center for Jewish Life at Yale is seeking a Database and Communications Coordinator to join its growing development department. Reporting to the Director of Development, this professional is responsible for maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the department’s Raiser’s Edge database, gift entry, building reports and queries in the database and providing analysis. In addition to taking ownership of the database, the Coordinator will contribute to and implement our new communications strategy. The Coordinator will support the Director of Development and Executive Director in a range of additional activities related to Slifka Center’s development effort, as needed, including prospect research and event support.
What You’ll Do
• Take ownership of the development database, Raiser’s Edge NXT, and proactively recommend and implement solutions to ensure data integrity
• Manage the information flow into and out of the databdase
• Design and produce development progress reports for the annual and capital campaigns, in addition to ad hoc reports summarizing giving, status, affiliation and other data points and trends
• Draft a variety of written materials, including detailed individual prospect briefings using online resources and gift acknowledgements that conforms to the style and voice of the sender
• Build reports and queries for fundraising appeals and events
• Produce at least three annual written fundraising appeals
• Coordinate and send monthly e-newsletters
• Work with internal and external vendors and consultants, including graphic designers, printers and caterers
• Participate in development meetings including staff, board of directors and volunteers
What You’ve Accomplished
• Bachelor’s degree required plus 2 years work experience, specifically database management.
• Experience and skill working with relational fundraising databases including query and report writing.
• Ability to plan, coordinate, and implement projects, and the ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
• Strong computer skills, including advanced skills with databases, internet applications, and Microsoft Office suite
• Experience with, and interest in, working in a fast-paced team-driven environment.
• Development experience with a desire to learn and grow. University and/or higher education fundraising experience and knowledge of the Jewish community a plus.
What You’ll Bring to the Job
● Strong entrepreneurial spirit – things may not go according to plan, but you’ll take risks and learn from wins as well as losses
● Capacity to work independently and collaboratively, successfully managing multiple priorities
● Understanding of current trends, ability to recommend and implement plans to enhance development department productivity and donor stewardship
● Ability to work at important times outside of business hours
● Excellent customer service for the purpose of working with colleagues, donors and other organizational stakeholders
● Superior oral and written communication skills
What You’ll Receive
● Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace – compensation commensurate with experience. The salary range for this role is $45,000 to $60,000.
● A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave
● Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
About Joseph Slifka Center for Jewish Life at Yale
Slifka Center is a separate non-profit and the hub of Jewish life at Yale, housed in a 19,000 square foot building that features a kosher dining hall and is located in the heart of campus. Slifka Center serves the ~1,400 Jewish undergraduate and graduate students on campus, as well as faculty and staff, and members of the New Haven Jewish community. The administration is committed to realizing Slifka Center’s enormous potential both as a center for Jewish students and as a significant thought leader in the Jewish community and the world beyond.
Please email [email protected] with your resume and cover letter.