- Is the Slifka building open? What about the dining hall?
The Slifka building will be closed for the duration of Yale’s emergency measures. This includes complete closure of the kosher kitchen and dining hall. Depending on interest from those based in New Haven as expressed in the above questionnaire, we may be able to meet certain community functions, considered on a case-by-case basis in light of the building’s overall non-operation.
- When will Slifka’s dining hall reopen?
Slifka’s dining hall will re-open with Yale’s dining halls, which will take place in the fall semester
- Will Slifka Center hold Passover seders?
There will be no Passover services this year.
- How is Slifka helping address the economic adversity created by COVID-19 closures?
First, if you find yourself in need of financial assistance because of COVID-19, please do reach out and we will work to connect you to the resources you need. Second, we are exploring every option to minimize the impact on the many wonderful Slifka staff members who could be adversely affected by the closing of the building and dining hall.
- Who do I contact to connect with the community or if I have further questions?
Please do be in touch – we’d love to hear from you! You can contact anyone on the Slifka Center Staff, including Rabbi Jason Rubenstein ([email protected]), Howard M. Holtzmann Jewish Chaplain; Juli Goodman ([email protected]), Assistant Director for Programming.
Find Yale’s updates HERE